EDIT: the site was finally handed over to the council and tenancy agreements were issued 13 May 2021.
I’m grateful to Cllr. Thornburrow for providing the following details…
Currently there is no further update to that issued on 23rd April. The situation remains that:
- The solicitor for Countryside is holding the City Council’s signed and sealed documents.
- Countryside are double-checking with the solicitors who act for the Pembertons as there may still be signatories to obtain for the agreement.
- There are also a number of restrictions on the title that require consents, one of them is from Network Rail and the Pemberton solicitors are chasing Network Rail for this.
- It is not possible to give an accurate date for completion as obtaining the signatures is unfortunately not within the Council’s gift.
- The Council continues to push for a conclusion with every vigour.
方 思 琦
City Councillor for Trumpington
Executive Councillor, Planning and Open Spaces